Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Light my way

My ever-patient husband holds my "light" for me.
This week, my job has been to make final decisions on lighting.  We waited until this stage, so we could check scale and position.  We had a bit of fun doing it too.  I bought a couple of cheap paper lanterns in the sizes we thinking of, and hung them to see how they looked.



This is the light that will be going there.
Special thanks to Lauren from Lumen8 for your help and advice.
The David Trubridge Coral pendant



The next decision was the outdoor wall lighting.  This was pretty easy, as I needed something discreet and functional.  Here's what I chose.  The outdoor living area will be lit with LED down-lights.


Then it was time to finally choose the pendants over the island bench in the kitchen.  This was a mission!  I just kept coming back to the same (out of the budget range, my dear) ones.  But sometimes, you just have to go for it, so I have chosen Lightyears Carvaggio pendants in matt white. I love these lights! 




2 comments:

  1. I just love your lighting choices! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caroline. It's hard choosing feature lights, and I really agonised over it - I drove everyone around me crazy for the last few days!

    ReplyDelete